Thursday, March 7, 2013

Half full or empty

Image provided by Mom goes Greeen

I feel impressed to discuss sin again (though I do not know why).
My wife read on Facebook the other day a parable about a teacher that brought to her class a glass and naturally the class thought that the teacher was going to discuss the theory of half full, half empty, discussion that was so frequently discussed in school.

She placed the glass on the table and then asked "How much does this weigh?"

The class was silent for a moment only to be answered several answers ranging from 8 oz. to 12 oz.Then said the teacher holding out the glass. "After 10 minutes how much will the glass weigh?" She gave not time for a response when she furthered the question about a longer and longer time. She then described the body and how it would respond to the weight of the glass the longer it was asked to hold it. She made a point to show the longer the body was asked to hold the weight that the more disabled the body became.

Sin is like this simple glass of water. At first the soul can bear the weight and it seems light and easy but with time the same sin that has remained unrepentant becomes cumbersome and a solid weight. Jacob Marley summed it up best by saying "I wear the chain I forged in life! I made it link by link and yard by yard! I gartered it on of my own free will and by my own free will, I wore it!"

You see the invisible weights that we create, the flaxen cords that we allow Satan to bind us with, might be small but given time they weigh us down and the weight becomes unbearable. We cannot allow sin to bind us down with the least degree of allowance. Anyone that tells you to lie and cheat a little and that it will do no harm (I am paraphrasing) is doing you more harm and adding to the harm that you are doing to yourself. All to often I have seen the Gentiles tell themselves that there is no sin and to push past feeling so that you can enjoy yourself in your pleasure but I am telling you that those feelings are safeguards put there by God himself and that we should heed to the safeguard and stay as far away from the safeguard well within the protection of the spirit that influences us. You know why you feel empty inside when you go to a place that you ought not be, its because where God cannot be you should not be.

So to end this rant, to be good and keep from even an ounce of sin, repent, remember your covenants and smile, enjoy life because that's what it’s there for. Be good to yourself and kind to others. Have a great day.


No comments: