Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The True Measure of a Man

While this is late for someone so valiant I wish to convey a few words about a great man, father, husband and uncle. Ken died recently and has joined his angel and sweetheart Maralee. I was reflecting on what I would of said had I attended his funeral and they asked me to speak. I have known Ken for a very long time. When he was younger he had to learn to be a father very quickly but as time went by I watched through his sons a man become more then a father to sons but a real dad.

That reminded me of tempered steel what was one a man who knew nothing of being a husband and father through being put to the fire and gently molded became a tool that his family and God could use to raise a family and be a true patriarch. 

I watched as seven valiant boys mimic a great example of virtue and character and become the men that they are today. From Kens example he showed more then how to treat a woman but how to love one too. He showed a reverence for his maker by going regularly to the house of his God. His testimony was shared and likewise his priesthood. His home was more then a house or home but it was a house of God and a home of love. He and his companion worked hard to show that family was very important. 

I do not know what else to say about my dear sweet uncle but I was always cherish the experience and opportunity to know him. To my cousins I encourage to follow his legacy. Be men of valor and virtue. Be men like your dad who did his best to be like Christ.