Saturday, September 4, 2021

The Lords storehouse


 I was thinking this week upon the temple and the term the Lord's storehouse (D&C 42). I pondered how that the Lord aims to gather all the wealth of the children of Zion to the warehouses and how in another thought he aims to gather his elect and the children of Israel. It dawned on me then at that time that the Lord really emphasized the importance of temples because he needed a place where He could gather the bundled sheaves. That is, in part, part of the purpose of the temple; a place to gather and record the wealth of the Lord. In the doctrine and covenants, we are told that if we build temples that we will be blessed. I believe that if we have a temple-centered heart (and maintain it) that we too will be blessed and that the adversary will have little power over us. 

Perhaps this is one of my shorter posts but I needed to get it out there.

No comments: