Thursday, February 24, 2022

Esau tears and porage decisions

As I have been studying the story of Esau I have come to realize there is a difference between straightway doing the Lord's will and making impulsive postage decisions, taking a spiritual thing second to the will of the flesh first. I wonder how many times I have done this thing and how many blessings I missed because I desired vanity or I wanted to gaze upon lecivitiness or coveted something; little sins that deprived me of a blessing because of my impulsiveness. I am sure it's like a check-out at the store. The candy is tempting and would please the tongue but we are asked to bridal out passions like a dieter from the things that would easily beset us. 

Esau took the things of this world as a greater value than the things of God and it cost him a blessing. Now I worry about my impulsivity and how much it may hurt me or my family. I would say "don't worry" but the echo of the pebble is not fully seen till it's too late. May my children find God faster and better than I.

No comments: