Sunday, February 20, 2022

The redemption of Lot

At times I feel as Lot did as Sodom was carried off, alone and afraid. I wonder at times am too far from my Redeemer. My wickedness besets me and I become alone, naked, and afraid. Then in my weakness, a light shines forth, and the heavens open with trumpets and chariots. The Redeemer of the world with His angels, events, and stripping warriors race in or the Holy Ghost testify that I am His and if He is mine, we will be one, John 10:30; Isaiah 43:1-7.

God loves not just us collectively but me individually. My faith and hope in my Savior have been a trip! Trials of faith and hope have shaken off the shackles of sin through redemption. And like articles on the bilge (bottom of the boat) when I have learned sailing through life I need to clean my hidden places or unseen places. Those parts of my life that have dark memories need to be acknowledged so that they will not strive to come to the surface. I am not perfect or an I?

Be ye, therefore, perfect is the advice of the Savior to the apostles and Jehovah to Abraham. He meant whole or complete. When we are given comfort by the Spirit we become exalted, whole, or complete. We just need to realize it.

God loves us he sees us and hears us in our trials as Hagar realized (Gen 16:13). God help us to realize as she did I hope in the name of Jesus Christ, Anen

No comments: