Sunday, May 2, 2021

Turbulence

A few years ago I was on a plane for a trip home to my then home in Virginia. During that time we came across some severe weather and turbulence. I was busy reading a book and for a moment while I became fearful I started to pray. During that prayer as I was pouring out my heart to God I got a assurance that the plane was going to land and that we would be ok. I went back to reading my book after the prayer but those that were on the plane were still worried. It was then one of my good friends Ray asked me why I was so calm. I just assured him that God had a plan for me and dying was not one of them for today. The comfort and assurance in my voice let him know that he too could relax. The plane landed and we went home.

I had not reflected on that experience for a while until today when my wife mention how Ray had talked to her about the experience. He was so comforted by my relationship with God that he found that he could relax.

Now I know that turbulence happens in our lives and that some of it was life threatening. Yet aside from of all this it all changes when there is a relationship with God and that changes how people look at their lives. They can see clearly a more direct path and that makes a difference on how people look at what they want and what they seek to accomplish.

No comments: