Sunday, May 2, 2021

HOV

H - Humility
O - Obedience
V - Virtue
When we travel through this in mind we will be carried by the Spirit father and faster than those that travel alone.
Gary E Stevenson

Recently I was part of a Regional Conference were the size of the region was defined and we heard stories about the Mountain Meadow Massacre but I am not going there. I want to talk about the HOV lane of life. You see Elder Stevenson mentioned that in life there is those that drive alone and do not have God in their lives and the wake of hardship and toll pull them into a slow lane because they are pulling all of their sin and troubles behind themselves. This happens while those that ride the HOV lane though still have troubles do not have the same approach to the weight and sin that would pull them and slow them down see to be able to travel faster, happier and with a vigor that should not be there but is. 

I honestly find myself moving in between the two lanes at time. Perhaps its a lack of trust or faith. That can be a lack of humility and obedience. For those that do not understand virtue its strength; strength of character and spirit. So for those that find their lives slipping in and out of the lanes because of their own personal issue, I would admonish  you to pray harder and fast and read scriptures (you know the basics). 

I personally am involved in a several spiritual things and with each change or tweak, I have begun to see how much of a spiritual being I am supposed to be. Each plateo that I have come to has been more of a step and lest as a pit stop. The hard thing I have found is the old I have become I realize how immature and young I am; how little I know. 

No comments: